is there any diffrence between the old version and new version panasonic 3D glasses?

Atari2600

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all

I have the panasonic 50vt20 plasma and i have a set of the old version 3d glasses and also a set of the new version 3d glasses from panasonic.

my wife seems to think the picture is a lot brighter when watching 3d movie through the new version 3d glasses compared to the old version 3d glasses? is there any accuracy/truth in what she is saying? as i had a look and i couldnt really tell the diffrence.

i personally prefer the lens of the older version of the glasses as the lens are bigger so i get a better 3d experiance when wathing 3d movies BUT they are not the most comfortable and i prefer the design and comfortability of the new version of the glasses.

if the new version glasses had the same size lens as the old version glasses then these new version glasses would have been fantastic, the lens are just too narrow on them.

any one else with me on this?

yes i have got both types as well, both are not good very uncomortable and the lenses are to small even with nose piece taken off, i got sticky pads on mine to stop pain from ears and nose:thumbsdow

yes i have got both types as well, both are not good very uncomortable and the lenses are to small even with nose piece taken off, i got sticky pads on mine to stop pain from ears and nose:thumbsdow

I thought the second generation ones were meant to be better?
I don't have any glasses yet for my tv but will have to get two pairs when I get a Bluray player which I'm planning to get in the next week or so. I see the M-form ones are £60 and seem good for the money but how do they compare to the new Panasonic ones? I dont mind paying £270 for 2 glasses if that's the cost so long as they're good but if the M-form are as good I may as well get them.:lease:

djnibz said:
I thought the second generation ones were meant to be better?
I don't have any glasses yet for my tv but will have to get two pairs when I get a Bluray player which I'm planning to get in the next week or so. I see the M-form ones are £60 and seem good for the money but how do they compare to the new Panasonic ones? I dont mind paying £270 for 2 glasses if that's the cost so long as they're good but if the M-form are as good I may as well get them.:lease:

I ave both but found the new one to ave the lens to narrow, I prefer the old one , less comfy but better vision.
We need a combined of the 2 :.)

seriously!!!???

Well if that's the price then yeah, there's no other choice!
Like I said if the M-Forms are the same quality then I'd rather get them as I could get 2 pairs for the price of 1 Panasonic. Would be good to hear some feedback off people who can compare the two glasses.

avforums reviewed some after market 3d active glasses which were highle recommended, the seem to have much bigger lens and they say they are very comfortable aswell - i suggest you try these cant remeber what they are called.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom