is there any differance between r1 and r2 superbit dvds

7 of 9

are the any differances between r2 uk superbit dvds and american r1 dvds, picture and sound quality wise.

and can any one tell me the address of any english language web sites that have reviwed uk exclusive superbit dvds, e.g. godzilla, men in black, bone colletor, charlies angels.

on may the 13th sony are releasing 4 more superbit dvds xxx, men in black 1 and 2 and bad boys, these are all r1.

AFAIK the only differences are due to the usual NTSC vs PAL. and u have different subtitles on R1 and R2
as for UKR2 retailers with Superbit. www.play.com
They are getting rid of the superbit titles for a tenner!!!!!!!!!
I think it's time to get that Gattaca disc:)
HTH

D'oh!...Cost me thirty:D

Still...I'm chuffed...Got Gattaca, Crouching Tiger, and Snatch

the £9.99 price certainly shows up how much other retailers are making out of these charging £22.99 each.:eek:

haha:clap:
Lux is ruining u all:D :rotfl:
sorry. But hey I thought I might do some one a favour.
Unfortunately I spent my february budget for DVDs (on the 9th of said month:() so I have to wait.

between the superbit v standard dvds?
I have watched the superbit versions of Crouching Tiger (R2) and Panic Room (R1) and whilst I on't own the standard version of either I certainly wouldn't say they blew me away in terms of PQ.
This is via a Denon DVD-A1 (component interlaced, see my thread in dvd players) and a Sim2 HT300 onto a 7ft screen.
Anybody claim to notice a great improvement?

They are all out of stock apart from men in black:mad:

I'd be very interested in anyone has personal experience or links to a back to back comparison as I'm thinking of going for Crouching Tiger if the PQ is really that much of an improvement

I've got the original version and the extras (despite having an interview with the lovely Michelle Yeoh) :eek: are pretty disposable.

Cheers

i have the crouching tiger R1 superbit and I'm not impressed with the picture tbh. print looks very dirty. stick with vanilla release

just wondering why you aren't watching the superbit movies with progressive on your sim2?

Also, my gattaca is excellant - the picture is marginally better (at best) but the sound is fantastic in DTS. I think it all depends on the movie - i.e. The 5th Element being the best for picture.

CaM

If you search on the dvd player section you will see that I am having problems with the prog scan signal.
Basically, prog scan image is distorted and tinted, interlaced is very good.
Dunno which unit is faulty at the moment, need to do some borrowing and swapping to do the process of elimination.

Hi there, I have updated my sim2 to software 1.10 and have noticed the odd problem myself. I get ocassional problems broken white lines up the top.

To fix this I press the auto button and it disapears (most times). I'm thinking of getting 1.8 from owl (they will email it to you if requested) and then I'll try both versions and see what is more stable.

hope this helps

CaM

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom