Is there any deal like that £265 LG 27" around now?

Marcos

Sounds like a good price for a good size and i'm seriously considering getting one for a year's usage. It'll be for a small/medium bedroom

ChrisGgr

The model is the 26LC2R,right?Very good price,but if you could spend more you can find something much better

Pontiac

He is talking about the LG 27LC2R, which was on offer for that price recently but has now returned to £399 ish.

I saw that offer and jumped on one, ordered it from dixons online as Currys was out of stock. After having watched a few dvds and played some games, I will write an initial review now, as many here have asked for it.

First impressions were good, looks basic but still very smart. Good size for a bedroom too. Plenty of ports, all you need. Turned the set on, hooked it up to my PS2 via scart and ran thru Dragon Quest 8. Could not see any ghosting which I was very pleased about, no trailing or such. Motion blur would have been an incredible annoyance for me, and this has none that I could notice which is very good.

After some adjustments, I was quite happy with the picture. Blacks were quite washed out, but that is the case with a lot of LCDs especially in this price range. SD pictures cope very well on this screen, which was evident after watching a couple of SD DVDs thru the PS2. I have no HD hookups.

However, I have a problem with this TV which is seriously putting me off it. I'm trying to get used to it, but if I can't I will be getting rid. It's the infamous backlight bleed. Now I know a lot of LCDs suffer from this, but it really annoys me. On a black screen its noticeable, altho not much in normal useage unless u are looking for it. This screen has a patch of "cloud" about 4 inches diagonally running down from the top right corner. There are also 3 small patches, about an inch high they look a little like a torch light. 2 of the patches are near bottom left, 1 patch is near top left.

I will say it's not the worse backlight I have seen any many I believe will be able to live with it, especially this would be great as a stopgap LCD or for the kids bedroom - kids would never notice it! However, as something of a purist I feel I may not be able to cope with it... I'll give it a few days...

ChrisGgr

Yep the 27LC2R my mistake.But why LG made two models?One 26LC2R and second 27LC2R?Anyway backlight bleeding is very common on LG's!!!Seems that all LG tv's suffer from this

Marcos

oh, so that was quite a rare deal? shame because it sounds like an ideal size

ChrisGgr

Can you give 400£?Only with 400£ you can take a really really good 26"

Pontiac

oh, so that was quite a rare deal? shame because it sounds like an ideal size

My review didn't put you off this TV? In that case, if you can make your way down to Watford, Herts or Enfield, North London I will sell you mine nearly new for £200.

Marcos

Can you give 400£?Only with 400£ you can take a really really good 26"
Well i wouldnt mind putting decent money down for a proper good LCD TV in a year or so, but right now i only need one good enough for a year or so, then i'll be spending another ~600 or so on a proper one depending on the size of the room i get.

i'm still at uni so i dont know what i'll need in a year, maybe even 2x 27" or a 20" & 37" combo

But heres what i dont get...a £480 samsung 32" is considered a good deal, it costs nearly £200 more than some other 32" panels, how much better can it be??

Marcos

My review didn't put you off this TV? In that case, if you can make your way down to Watford, Herts or Enfield, North London I will sell you mine nearly new for £200.

i'll consider it, i dont have a car though so i'd have to work something out

Marcos

Or if you stretch to £250, I could deliver.
well i just found out my job is not all that secure so i'll probably pass, but my housemate might want it, he'll be back next week so i'll post back if hes interested

Pontiac

well i just found out my job is not all that secure so i'll probably pass, but my housemate might want it, he'll be back next week so i'll post back if hes interested

Nevermind mate, I'm sending the thing back to Dixons for a full refund! Amazing what reading up on Distance Selling Regulations will get you.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom