1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an RGB input bug on the HS2?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DaveP, Jul 28, 2003.

1. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I moved all my boxes about at the weekend to put them all in a new AV rack. This, obviously, involved switching everything off and disconnecting everything.

Now I've put it all back together again my HS2 fails to display a picture given an RGB input from my Panasonic Digibox. I have done all the usual things like swapping cables etc but to no avail.

The strange thing is that if I plug my Sky+ box into the HS2 I get the RGB picure. If I plug the cable from the Panasonic directly into the TV I get the RGB picture. It just doesn't work into the HS2.

This all happened a while back when I first bought the HS2. At that time the Sky+ wouldn't give a picture when RGB input was configured on the HS2. Then I just swapped over to S-Video and used that instead. Then I replaced the Sky+ with the Panasonic and the RGB worked!

Has this happened to anyone else or am I just unlucky?

Thanks

DaveP

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    If you press the tv button on the sky remote, to turn the tv to standby for example, the signal changes to video not rgb out from the digibox and you only record sound and no picture.

You may think you have rgb out as you have set it in the menu, but this disables it, assuming you are watching an analogue channel on the tv. You can't tell as tv's auto select and give you a picture anyway.

I have resorted to disabling the tv button on the sky remote as no end of reminders to my kids failed to prevent tham from doing this and loosing on average 1 in 3 planned recordings. I have lost none since

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestion but I make a point of never using the TV button. I've already pressed the sky button to be on the safe side.

DaveP