1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an optimum?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Faust, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Having recently installed my Panasonic SA-XR30 Home Theatre system, I was wondering if there is an optimum position for the speakers, just how critical this is, and is it essential that the speakers are mounted on stands, or at least be raised off the floor. To give readers some info - my rear speakers are at present sat on top of my Technics hi fi speakers, because that is the only place I can put them at present. This means they are sitting two feet off the floor, five feet apart, and approx four feet behind but slightly to one side of the sofa. The front left and right hand speakers are however, just sitting on the floor at either side of the t.v. with the centre speaker mounted on top of the t.v. and the sub woofer approx two feet in front but to one side of the t.v. The sofa is approx six feet from the t.v. Is this a reasonable compromise or would I notice a significant improvement in performance if I put the speakers on stands, and if so, just use stands for the rear, front, or front and rear. I would welcome advice from anyone who has lots of experience with such products.

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0