Is there an ipad screen lock app?

bairdyboy1980

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to get an ipad for my daughter (18 months old) for a plane trip over to italy to keep her entertained with videos. Is there an app that locks the screen so that she can still watch and hear videos but you cant touch the screen?

Would i need to jailbreak for this? I want to get an ipad for as cheap as possible (probably go for the first ipad then lol)

Cheers

Robbie

Are you sure an iPad is the best thing for the job here? Brother in Law recently bought a cheap portable DVD player for the same sort of reason and it worked a treat. I'm also not sure there is any way of disabling the touch screen short of putting gloves on her hands so that the touch doesnt register!! ;)

I know there is a cydia app to disable the home button. Its called "IncarcerApp"

I can't see there being one to disable the touch screen though.

thestig230 said:
I know there is a cydia app to disable the home button. Its called "IncarcerApp"

I can't see there being one to disable the touch screen though.

Yeh I seen that one... But as u said its only for the home button.

There is a toddler app that's meant to be coming out next month in the app store. Really hope it's what I am after!!!

The only problem I can see with being able to disable the touch screen is, how would you then reactivate it when you can use the touch screen?!?!!?

Hope that makes sense :confused:

thestig230 said:
The only problem I can see with being able to disable the touch screen is, how would you then reactivate it when you can use the touch screen?!?!!?

Hope that makes sense :confused:

Apparently its a pattern on the touchscreen u need to swipe to get the video player controls back.... Apparently!! Whether that works in real life is the question lol

Apparently its a pattern on the touchscreen u need to swipe to get the video player controls back.... Apparently!! Whether that works in real life is the question lol

Sounds interesting, I could do with similar for my toddler.

Do you have a link to any info?

Resultttttt... Just got a tweet from the company....

"@bairdyboy1980 Funny you should ask… We've been approved, and we're releasing this Sunday, August 5!"

We were in a similar dilemma and went for a nexus for our 18 month old - it was perfect for her and did exactly what you request.

Little girl loves my iPad but just keeps pressing the home button!

Stampax said:
We were in a similar dilemma and went for a nexus for our 18 month old - it was perfect for her and did exactly what you request.

Little girl loves my iPad but just keeps pressing the home button!

There is a cydia app that disables the home button. Your iPad needs to be jail broken though lol

I think that iOS6 (due September) brings more functionality to the accessibility options. One of them is the ability to "lock" the ipad to a particular App, therefore disabling the home button but leaving the screen functioning. Havent got time to look but there are details over at Apples webs site.

Mr X said:
I think that iOS6 (due September) brings more functionality to the accessibility options. One of them is the ability to "lock" the ipad to a particular App, therefore disabling the home button but leaving the screen functioning. Havent got time to look but there are details over at Apples webs site.

That would be unusual of apple to disable the home button like that. Will google it now :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom