Is there an Amp with a Wired / Wireless Bluetooth set up?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Jakeway, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Jakeway

Jakeway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    My Onkyo Amp blew up around two months ago. It just popped and court fire when I turned it on one day. It was quite a surprise to see flames dancing on the wall when I was trying to work out what just happened. I got it second had and had it four 5 years and no one died... so not worry.

As I intend to move soon I have not replaced the amp. Thinking about my new floor plan, I don’t really want to rip into the walls or under wooden floors to hide the rear wires on my nice Tannoy speaker set.

So… I was wondering if there is an amp or a solution in which I can use Bluetooth speakers for the rear two speakers?

I’ve have done bit of googling but not found a sure fire answer for a Wired / Wireless set up. It seems like quite obvious solution to a problem everyone faces.

Does anyone know if it is possible?

2. Jaunty

Jaunty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
  3. stevos

stevos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +575
    Personally i would avoid wireless.

I listen a lot through my sennheiser RS180 regularly in my flat and there is often some noise introduced into the sound that is annoying, mainly if i am using my laptop or tablet.

4. Jakeway

Jakeway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I really did think there might be an amp out there that would do BlueTooth rears, it seems so logical.

I can’t really run wires from the front of the room to the back due to heated woodend floors and doors each side of the room. It would be a nightmare.

I have power at the back of the room on each side. So the Marmitek Digital Wireless Surround Sender I might work….

I can understand there might be some interference and loss in quality but I think it would be better to have 5.1 with some interference than just 3.1 sound from the front. Right?

Edit: oh pretty so-so reviwes on this.

5. stevos

stevos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +575
    Maybe its a issue with my headphones, as i really don't get why an all digital signal has these problems.

However, if you had the same strange noises (i can't explain the sound) coming through the rear speakers, it would really pull you out of the movie and i would prefer 3.1 setup.

6. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,432
    You could use something like d line trunking to run the cable around the room or hide it between the skirting and floor etc.
    Some people who tried wireless went back to wires due to the drop in sound quality. As above 3.1 may well be preferable to poor sounding rears.