Is there a way to?????

butcherpete

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this the right forum to post this, but here goes...
I have a Sony UB PX800 Mk1, a PS SGCD and the Anthem MRX520. I have the Sony connected to the Anthem via the HDMI, its good and does the job as I want it to, But had a thought, as I have a decent Dac/Pre in the PS box, is there a way to connect it to that AS WELL, so can play SACD's thru my PS (in stereo), rather than use the sonys own dac in multi channel

Attachments

• 18dd5a64-2ccd-4967-84c8-065d07c3fb9b._CR0,0,1464,600_SX1464__.jpg
    18dd5a64-2ccd-4967-84c8-065d07c3fb9b._CR0,0,1464,600_SX1464__.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 25
Solution
will go and get a coax lead tomorrow, will give it a try. Can I leave the current HDMI from there, to the Anthem, or will it just play the one output? And just reset the setup when needed?
You'll have to set the DAC as a separate input on the Anthem, analogue 1 (or whatever one you choose to use) it should work fine over both HDMI and digital coax as they'll both be separate inputs on the Anthem (I've got an old Sony bluray in the cupboard but I can't remember if I had to set digital coax output to 'on' in the menu or not? It may works as is. If you've got a spare set of RCA leads try plugging only one side of the lead into the Sony's coax out and PS coax in to test)
I assume by PS SGCD you're talking about the PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC? (had to search as initially thought you were talking about a CD player!) Coax output from the Sony into the PS SGCD then analogue output to the MRX 500 (you might need to set the output in the Sony's menu?)

Upvote 0
I assume by PS SGCD you're talking about the PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC? (had to search as initially thought you were talking about a CD player!) Coax output from the Sony into the PS SGCD then analogue output to the MRX 500 (you might need to set the output in the Sony's menu?)
will go and get a coax lead tomorrow, will give it a try. Can I leave the current HDMI from there, to the Anthem, or will it just play the one output? And just reset the setup when needed?

Upvote 0
You'll have to set the DAC as a separate input on the Anthem, analogue 1 (or whatever one you choose to use) it should work fine over both HDMI and digital coax as they'll both be separate inputs on the Anthem (I've got an old Sony bluray in the cupboard but I can't remember if I had to set digital coax output to 'on' in the menu or not? It may works as is. If you've got a spare set of RCA leads try plugging only one side of the lead into the Sony's coax out and PS coax in to test)

Upvote 1
Solution

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom