1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to recover a miniDV that has been taped over.

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by jasoncrook, Sep 13, 2005.

1. jasoncrook

jasoncrook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my son recorded over a family tape recently, is there anyway to recover the tape or is it lost.

Also, i have another taping that was recorded in a room with dark lighting, is there a editing program that i can buy to inc the lighthing.

thanks.

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
    With DV, when its gone its gone I'm afraid. The new recording overwrites the old one.

Not sure about your second question. I'm sure someone with more experience of this than me will answer.

3. Paul_Maycock

Paul_Maycock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the entire recording in 'dark lighting' as you put it?

4. (GTV)Chris

(GTV)Chris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I know some of the plugins for the Avid DV Pro software can actually add lights, but with a dark or crushed image you will always bring up the noise when adjusting the gamma or brightness.
    There may be a DVNR program or plugin that would then smooth out the grain.
    Noise reduction has to be good though and as a result, it will be expensive.
    This may be of no use to you, but aquasition of material, getting it right at source is half the battle, I always feel that the editing side of things is a doddle if you have the correct material.

Cheers

Chris

5. jasoncrook

jasoncrook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes the room was very dark, it was a birthday and only the kitchen light behind me was on.