Is there a way to play PS3 on separate tv through wifi

BluesyRock

Novice Member
I was just diagnosed with covid and am locked up in my bedroom for a while. I have a PS3 in the living room that needs to stay in there since my kids play it sometimes. When they're not playing it, I was wondering if there's a way I can play it through wifi on my Samsung smart tv that's in my bedroom. My bedroom is close enough to the living room that the controller works. I know I could do an HDMI splitter but I don't want to spend the money on a splitter and the long HDMI cable. Not to mention the time it would take to have them delivered. I'm hoping someone knows a way. Thanks!

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Do you have a laptop with HDMI, you can play using The Sony remote play app. I use my MacBook sometimes to play like this and it works quite well.

Upvote 0

BluesyRock

Novice Member
Do you have a laptop with HDMI, you can play using The Sony remote play app. I use my MacBook sometimes to play like this and it works quite well.
My laptop does have an HDMI output. How does the remote play work? My laptop is 10 years old so I doubt it could handle processing a PS3 game.

Upvote 0

Jamie

Distinguished Member
There's a video showing remote play in action. I've just realised you said PS3 and I actually use the PS4 version but the idea is the same.

Upvote 0

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I had a quick look specifically at PS3 remote play, looks like it's not necessarily as simple as PS4 remote play. Worth a try but it might be a good opportunity to upgrade to a PS4, the kids will thank you as it's a much better console than PS3

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom