Is there a way of playing NTSC games on a 50Hz HDTV?

waggy44

Standard Member
I own a NTSC game for my PS3 and understand they play at 60Hz, so on a 50Hz SD TV would be black and white and the rest. I currently have my PS3 hooked upto a Monitor so it runs fine but I am about to purchase a Panasonic TX-32LXD80 which is 50Hz to play my PS3 on.
I don't fancy connecting my PS3 upto my monitor every time i want to play my NTSC game so wondered if there was a solution to playing it on the HDTV without he black and whiteness.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Most LCD TVs support 50Hz and 60Hz, do you have a NTSC source to try it with?

waggy44

Standard Member
yes, I have a PS3 but I havn't yet made the order for the TV which I will be in a couple of days. I was just wondering as it would be an issue once i have the TV. It wouldnt stop me getting the TV but it would be an annoyance.
I did a quick google search on the Panasonic TX-32LXD80 and it only comes up as 50Hz since thats what we use in the Europe and 60Hz is what th US use and that is why this import game I have may not work on the Panny.

waggy44

Standard Member
awww great. thanks for that although i shouldn't of needed to make a thread about something that with a little more thorough research, I could of discovered myself.
Cheers for taking your time to help :thumbsup:

YellowSphere

For a set to be HD Ready it has to be able to display 60Hz signals. Xbox 360 and PS3 games run at 60Hz.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom