1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there a way i can use my DV500plus as a tv output card???

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by husk24, Mar 24, 2003.

1. husk24

husk24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys

i have a DV500plus video editing card & wanted to ask whether i coudl use it for watching movies from my pc to tv.

I do use Premiere with this card but i have to render the movie first then i can watch it but it that takes ages especially when im trying to watch a divx movie. anybody know of a way i can output my movies to tv?

thanks

dave

2. JayX

JayX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    hmmmm.. whilst i haven't heard of any application that allows you to do this, the port is certainly fast enough.. but im not sure how it would work. the data would have to go thru the graphics card then back out again or something. im not sure if its possible :/

firewire is 400mbit (offhand, but i think thats right) so can send a lot of data at once (~50mb/sec) which should be plenty fast enough for the amount of data you're talking about. and the camera input is specifically designed for video.... so thats not a limitation. who knows!

vegas (sonicfoundry editing tool, like premiere.. butbetter*cough*) allows realtime monitoring thru the firewire port without pre-renders btw, which might be of interest to you.

3. husk24

husk24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks mate
    u know of a link where i can download this software?

4. JayX

JayX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    www.sonicfoundry.com offer a 30 day demo of it. then its .. $700 for the full package. but these 30 day trial things have an awful habit of self-registering themselves .. ;)

5. husk24

husk24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks jay for that
    could you kindly tell me how do i open a avi/mpeg file and get it to view on my tv? saves me from having to read the whole manual! i have attempted but no success yet

thanks in advance
    dave