1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a tilting bracket for the 42PD7200?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by chimpmagnet, Jul 29, 2005.

1. chimpmagnet

chimpmagnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi guys,

I'd like to mount my plasma up quite high on a wall, and would therefore need a tilting bracket. Has anyone here used a tilting bracket with the 42PD7200?

Thw PWT002 seems to be the recommended bracket from the search I've done on this forum -- but (correct me if I'm wrong) this doesn't tilt.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Chimp

2. chimpmagnet

chimpmagnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Has anyone tried a bracket from rs100 with the 42PD7200?

Thanks in advance

Chimp

3. katiemc

katiemc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We bought this item - from rs100.co.uk

We were told it would be with us in 48hours - we received it nearly a week late!!

When I spoke to the Manager, he was terribly rude and disrespectful!! I would never deal with this company again......

We wasnt even impressed with the RS100!!

4. Toppa

Toppa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got the RS100 for my 42PD7200 and was not impressed as I couldn't get the tilt mechanisum to work at 90 degrees. I thought you could remove the tilting plate and use just the base plate but for some bizzare and annoying reason the bolts holts between the two plates do not match up!! - I'd advise looking elsewhere.

5. chimpmagnet

chimpmagnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Toppa, I mounted my plasma on a stud wall using the RS100 tilting bracket. The plasma is at about head height (my head, 5'8" !!) so when sitting down about 15' away it looks OK when tilted about 10 degrees down.

I don't put it flat against the wall, and you can't with the tilt bracket installed. You have to take it off and just use the flat bracket on its own (as you say in ur message).

For the price of this bracket, I am well happy ... some tilting brackets out there are very nice with touch tilt movement etc but they can cost hundreds!!

Good luck :smashin: