1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a stand with shelves above where the TV goes?

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by AllFumbs, May 22, 2005.

1. AllFumbs

AllFumbs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don’t like the usual design of TV-stand with shelves below for ancillary devices, as encroaching infirmity makes bending a penance. (You insert or remove a disc; I slip one!)

Does anyone know of a design of TV-stand, large enough and man enough for up to a 32-inch widescreen CRT set, that has shelves above where the telly will go?

Preferably a unit that swivels, too, please, like the rather fetching number I saw supporting a Loewe 28-inch set (but which had the shelves in the usual place, inches above the carpet – gnash, gnash).

Any suggestions, please? And thank you for your time.

A.F.

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Optimums main range (www.optimum2000.com) are modular you could try a layout that has 80mm feet then glass, any size to set tv height then glass (10mm), 60cm pole then glass (should be big enough to take above any 32" tv) then how ever many shelves you want above.
    Go to a "bricks and mortar" dealer and they should be able to order it in that modular way for you! it would be classed as an AV400 which sells for £500.