1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a stand for the HS10?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rjs1974, Jan 8, 2003.

1. rjs1974

rjs1974

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen a photo of Sony projectors on a custom made stand - anyone know if one is available for the HS10 and if so, where from?

2. philsparks

philsparks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have only ever seen the HS1 stand listed and never an equivalent for the HS2 or HS10. The HS2 looks like it has the same swiveling base as the HS1 but the HS10 is different.

I'm just about to buy a Z1 or HS10 and all of the stands I've seen bear a passing resemblence to an oil rig - has anyone come across anything more living-room freindly.

Phil

3. The Mekon

The Mekon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Phil,
    not quite sure what you looking for but I have bought a stand from Ikea for my HS10. It's basically a tower hi-fi stand, aroung 100cm tall but does do the job admiraby. I'll have a look for the name of said item later and try and post a screen shot.

cheers,

Ken :cool:

4. philsparks

philsparks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ken - thanks that'd be great.

Basically whether I buy the Z1 or the HS10 it'll have to go in front of the sofa. Because our picture will be fairly high (above a dado rail) the projector will need to be reasonably high too. The only dedicated projector stands I've seen are basically for OHPs and therefore look fine in a classroom/meeting room but a bit 'clunky' in a lounge. Sony did a slim, chrome, single pillare jobbie for the HS1 that would look fine in the lounge.

I'll have a look through the Ikea catalogue, but it'd be great if you could post a screen shot of your arrangement too.

thanks
    Phil