Is there a SONY DVD PLayer that does it all?

K

Kam the Man

Hi there, I currently own a Yelo 800 DVD player which I have to say I'm extremely happy with.

It simply plays everything I throw at it. Mp3's, VCD's, DVD backups on DVD-r's, the lot.

Is there a SONY player which does all this? Non of my backups work on my mate's sony and we both want to buy new players. We both have existing Sony outfits and want players to match.

Any recommendations?

Cheers, Kam.

I believe the ns405 plays pretty much everything. Deffinately worth taking along some disks and trying them all out before you buy it though.

I have a ns405 and it's played just about everything. DVD-R even the cheapo brands. SVCD as long as its firmware 1.801 or above.

This is being replaced according to the new sony brochure with the NS430...you'd be better off going for the replacement as Sony officially support SVCD on this one.

I think the only play anything players are top end Pioneers

My 905 does it all apart from DVD-A. It plays all video cd's, dvdrs, every disc i've tried on it!

Cheers so far people, forgot to mention I'd like DTS so the 405 is out ( pity, found it for 110 quid! ).

I'll check the new 430 out.

Keep the suggestions coming please..

Thanks again, Kam.

Originally posted by Kam the Man
forgot to mention I'd like DTS so the 405 is out ( pity, found it for 110 quid! ).
Huh? :confused:

dts via optical/coaxial out.

Having woken up and smelled the coffee I realised that my Sony STR475 handles the DTS side of things. Just got a bit off track when my mate pointed out that it didn't have a decoder. Sorry, major stupidity attack.

I shall reconsider 405. However, considering how much I use my player for projection services and all, am I gonna get a better picture from a 705 or 905? And is the sound clearer?

Around £150 between a 405 and a 905.

What do u reckon?

I thought you were gonna have some brilliant reason for wanting a DTS decoder onboard as well :D

If you're using a projector, you'll want to pay that bit more as larger images show up more flaws.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom