Is there a smart watch on the market that measures heart rate, blood pressure and blood oxygen levels?

dc21uk

Novice Member
Reaction score
I need a smart watch that measures my heart rate, blood pressure and blood oxygen levels for health reasons

But I can only seem to find smart watches that do blood pressure and heart rate and not the three I'm looking for

So does anyone know if there is a smart watch available on the market that measures all three?
Or is there a monitor that measures or three that is not a smart watch?

thanks

I can't see how any at all would be able to take accurate blood pressure readings without a cuff that inflates around your arm.

As above
why don’t you just buy a blood pressure monitor?
ive got an Omron, think it was about £25 from Amazon. My doctors use same one, that’s why I bought it.

Not cheap but Samsung galaxy watch does everything you asked for but I know there was some issues with UK certification on some features which have approved in the US.

Also latest Apple watch,

Either way you are probably looking at over £400 or more.

I can't see how any at all would be able to take accurate blood pressure readings without a cuff that inflates around your arm.
Samsung and Apple both have been certified to medical standards.

I'm really not convinced that wrist based HR monitoring works that well. The watches I've had were nowhere near as good as any chest monitor I used. Maybe I wasn't spending enough.

I'm really not convinced that wrist based HR monitoring works that well. The watches I've had were nowhere near as good as any chest monitor I used. Maybe I wasn't spending enough.
I've got a Garmin vivoactive 3 and my kid has a Samsung galaxy 3, checked both Vs chest strap and measuring pulse and manually timing and aside from lagging a few seconds the HR is accurate.

I've got a Garmin vivoactive 3 and my kid has a Samsung galaxy 3, checked both Vs chest strap and measuring pulse and manually timing and aside from lagging a few seconds the HR is accurate.

Obviously depends on physiology then, because my Garmin is very hit and miss. I gave up using it, and now only use a HR strap.

Samsung and Apple both have been certified to medical standards.
Apple watch cannot without being paired with a bluetooth cuff. A quick google shows that BP monitoring without additional accessories may be added in the future.

Apple watch cannot without being paired with a bluetooth cuff. A quick google shows that BP monitoring without additional accessories may be added in the future.
Ok, I know the Samsung one requires calibration against a machine every 28 days.

Obviously depends on physiology then, because my Garmin is very hit and miss. I gave up using it, and now only use a HR strap.
I find optical HR monitors can work well for some tasks but utterly hopeless at others. I still use one for 24/7 monitoring which I find works well but it's useless for intensive activities which I wear an HR strap for.

Interesting thread about optical HR monitors.

I have pretty much given up with chest straps.. I’ve tried pretty much all straps and they have all given up after about 6 months. I’ve had Garmin, Wattbike, Kinetic chest straps etc

About 8 months ago I bought a Polar OH1 optical strap, which has been amazing in the fact it’s still working,

It does suffers lag, inaccuracies etc, but it’s so inconsistent it has been difficult to figure out the cause, but most of the time it does work as it should.

I also like the fact you charge it and it’s sealed, rather than the coin chest straps that seem to fail after a few battery changes.

If there is a perfect HR monitor that does BT or Ant+ do share!!

Interesting thread about optical HR monitors.

I have pretty much given up with chest straps.. I’ve tried pretty much all straps and they have all given up after about 6 months. I’ve had Garmin, Wattbike, Kinetic chest straps etc

About 8 months ago I bought a Polar OH1 optical strap, which has been amazing in the fact it’s still working,

It does suffers lag, inaccuracies etc, but it’s so inconsistent it has been difficult to figure out the cause, but most of the time it does work as it should.

I also like the fact you charge it and it’s sealed, rather than the coin chest straps that seem to fail after a few battery changes.

If there is a perfect HR monitor that does BT or Ant+ do share!!

I got a fairly cheap one off Amazon (Chileaf brand), and it's been great. I use it in preference to my Garmin's built in wrist monitor. It pairs up with watch via Bluetooth, and also my phone when I'm using Zwift. Can't fault it really. I think it also does Ant+ but I've never used it in that mode.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom