1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a Sky One petion to show widescreen programmes ?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Paul Young, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Paul Young

Paul Young

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think sky one should show programmes in widescreen format. But i know that sky will not do this because they think the majority of tv owners do not have widescreen tvs and alot people do not like black bars on there screens if they have a 4:3 tv.
    I have a 4:3 tv and don`t mind black bars. But wait does`nt the digiboxs have an option to have it on letterbox or not and people can make there own mind up has sky thought of that i wonder?
    Is there a online petion somewhere like the on screen logo removal campaign so i can sign?

2. nigelcraft

nigelcraft
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if there isnt there should be,i cant see why sky cant have a sky one widescreen channel just for the new stuff so everybodys happy

3. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I agree, widescreen programmes on Sky are almost nonexistent. They really have no excuse as digiboxes can be set up to display anamorphic broadcasts in three formats, keeping 4:3 or 16:9 TV viewers happy whatever their preferences.

What would we do without the BBC supply of widescreen material?

On the subject of petitions, I'd rather deal with the on-screen-logos first then my RPTV might last a bit longer!

John

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I am not sure that I agree with johnjackthom as I think that people like Sky should be attacked on all fronts at all times as they insist on patronising the public by telling us what we want.

Statistics show that the sale of widescreen televisions is growing tremendously and major dealers like Currys and Comet hardly have any 4:3 televisions any more.

Much as I would love to organise a petition I already waste so much time on this forum that I don't get enough work done so as Paul brought the subject up - I nominate you