Is there a simpe answer to G30 or S30?

big2422

Standard Member
Hi,

I think I have narrowed down my search to either the Panasonic G30 or S30.

Looking at the specs side by side they look similar, which one should I go with?

Thanks
Chris

mikej

There are quite a few important differences that make the G30 a better choice.

According to the specs on the Panasonic website, it has an extra HDMI socket, USB HDD recording, a better filter, is DLNA enabled (for streaming media) and has THX/ISF modes.

Products - Compare Products - Panasonic UK & Ireland

Personally, I'd go for the G30 - not sure of the exact price difference, but I bet the extra cash will be worth it.

big2422

Standard Member
Thanks for the quick response! The price difference is very little and so I will go with the G30.

Challenge now is to find a local dealer at a good price :)

Silverblack

i would go for the g30 all day over the s30. The g30 to me a is a better all rounder in terms of performance.

Stop It

Thanks for the quick response! The price difference is very little and so I will go with the G30.

Challenge now is to find a local dealer at a good price :)

I would agree with the above, the G30 has a better panel (Using the new 3D spec panels with the better phosphors etc) while the S30 uses the 2010 PDP panels. The Contrast filter is better too, and there are better calibration options.

I have a TX-P42G30 and didn't regret stepping up as I was going to save a bit and go so the S30. Nearly a week on, I am sure I made the correct choice.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom