1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a run in time for lcd tv's?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Rob20, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    I was just wondering as I was initially dissapointed with the screen quality of the Toshiba that came today, colours, pixelation, banding etc... only to have left it on for a few hours and the picture quality seems to have improved considerably!? Am I imagining this, or is there a run in period like with other electrical equipment, cd players amps etc...

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Did I imagine this?? weird. I swear the PQ is better now than for the 1st couple of hours!? :confused:

3. hechizero

hechizero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the late reply...

Although not many manufacturers specify a burn in time, for LCD monitors or TV's one will definately need to have the set on for at least and hour for the picture to sharpen up and settle down.
    Having just been researching a LCD tv from Hitachi, in the user manual it states "• The monitor takes at least 30 minutes to attain the status of optimal picture quality."

4. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    I wish I'd known this before I set up. I was hugely dissapointed with the picture quality for the 1st hour or so. Thought I'd wasted £1,275! There was a huge amount of noise and colours were awful. I had left it on and when I came back a few hours later I noticed a big difference.