• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is there a problem with Pioneer 530 HS? I can't find one

willie45

Standard Member
Hi

Is there something I should know? After a week of trawling forums and so on and changing my mind a few times, I have decided to buy a Pioneer 530 Hs to record sky programmes. This decision wasn't easy and I looked around at what people were recommending and so on. Anyway, I now notice that shops like Amazon are saying this model is discontinued and places like Curry's and Comet and Richer sounds as well as departement stores like John Lewis are not stocking it either.

Does this mean something is wrong at Pioneer or that a new model is just around the corner or something else? I know a lot of internet companies are selling this unit but I am disconcerted that this doesn't seem to be common in the mainstream stores.

After finally ( more or less ) coming to a decision I don't want to blow it at the last minute.

Oh and one other question. I have no aerial in my house and I wonder if the lack of a RF in would matter. If this is a really really stupid question I apologise.

Thanks for any advice or comments you can give to shed some light here.

Willie

HHGTTG

willie45 said:
Hi

Is there something I should know? After a week of trawling forums and so on and changing my mind a few times, I have decided to buy a Pioneer 530 Hs to record sky programmes. This decision wasn't easy and I looked around at what people were recommending and so on. Anyway, I now notice that shops like Amazon are saying this model is discontinued and places like Curry's and Comet and Richer sounds as well as departement stores like John Lewis are not stocking it either.

Does this mean something is wrong at Pioneer or that a new model is just around the corner or something else? I know a lot of internet companies are selling this unit but I am disconcerted that this doesn't seem to be common in the mainstream stores.

After finally ( more or less ) coming to a decision I don't want to blow it at the last minute.

Oh and one other question. I have no aerial in my house and I wonder if the lack of a RF in would matter. If this is a really really stupid question I apologise.

Thanks for any advice or comments you can give to shed some light here.

Willie

I was buying a new electric razor in Comet last week and roaming around afterwards still saw the Pioneer 530H on the shelves for their usual price i.e. £399.

lurcher

Willie45,
Re you not having RF in, it doesn"t matter if you dont intend to watch/record terrestrial broadcasts.
I had a Pioneer 433 which was an excellent machine for a lot less than the 530.

willie45

Standard Member
HH thank you. I checked Comet out on line but they don't seem to have it on their list. Neither could I find it on John Lewis or Amazon or many others. I will keep a look out or buy from one of the smaller online retailers.

Lurcher Thanks for the advice. I suppose the question seemed stupid but I wasn't sure if it matttered :)

RoNaLdiNhO

Hi willie45

Ive been looking at the 630 model for over a week now myself my mums away on holiday for a month and by the end of next week my sky+ will be full up and i will have to start some how backing it up. Cant find anyone saying a bad thing about the machines but the price i guess is a little high for no freeview and divx support.

ALso the same as you i cant seem to decide were to get it from because from price compare sites i check on these great fourms the shops and alot of comments say not to trust the shops that have it in stock for a reasonable price. I do with like you that i could pop into down from a big shop currys/dixon/comet and buy it off the shelves.

willie45

Standard Member
Seems odd that larger stores wont stock it. I am a bit dubious about buying from somewhere I have not heard of although recommendations from people on here make a difference. I will probably order one over the weekend.

Thanks for your help folks

Willie

K

kevb30

If you search using something like Kelkoo -
http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/sbs/100304323/14254684.html

There are definatley plenty available at a wide range of stockists at about the £313 mark for one thats already Multi-region enabled.

I'm after exactly the same model but am waiting a little bit longer to get mine, until they drop below the £300 price point as they were for a while before xmas.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom