Is there a Panasonic or Cybertube tube in the 36PW9308?

A

Ashaman

I have read some threads about Philips and them not making 36" tubes, but don't know if they've startet now. So in the new 36PW9308, do they use Panaosonic tubes or their own cybertube. Did a search in the forum but didn't find any answer to this. Thanks in advance.

i think its an lg tube because it hasnt got the 2 dots half way up the left and right hand side of the screen.its got a new styling body which i think looks crap bad mistake phillips.and there is another version with the old styling but that uses the panasonic tube.i think only japan have the cybertube

Thank you for the response. Also asked Philips about this, but have yet to receive a response.

Just looked at the TV in the store now, and the one on display there had the 2 dots on either side, like a Panasonic tube...

there is the Philips 36PW9308C which i think uses a lg tube but has the new desighn which i think is dreadful.and there is the
Philips 36PW9618C which i think uses the panasonic tube both have a new movie mode which gets rid of the halo effect or at least trys to get rid of it

there is the Philips 36PW9308C which i think uses a lg tube but has the new desighn which i think is dreadful.and there is the
Philips 36PW9618C which i think uses the panasonic tube both have a new movie mode which gets rid of the halo effect or at least trys to get rid of it

I was looking at a new Philips 36" set in Leicester today. I'm not sure if it was the 9308, but I was very dissapointed to see that it didn't have a proper flat tube, despite being advertised as a flat screen model.

The glass faceplate was flat, but the curve of the screen underneath was clearly noticeable.

That's the kind of thing you expect from a cheapo flat screen tv from Bush or Goodmans.

A big :thumbsdow for Philips.

I have been informed by LG-Philips Director of global marketing that the Philips 36" CyberTube+ (36PWRF HD) is undergoing testing and recieved technical approval only a few weeks ago.

He stated that the 36PW9308 will use the tube and that the other model, the Cybertube slim is not now planned for production as a 36" version.

Expecting some more info soon.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom