Is there a longer 6.35mm cable for Focal Clear MG?

johnnymaelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm currently auditioning Focal Clear MG headphones as part of an upgrade to my headphone listening. The other candidates are Sennheiser HD 800 S and Audeze LCD-X.

As the Focal's only come with a 1.2m cable for the 6.35m jack I'm going to struggle to use these everywhere I want to. I won't be replacing my amplifier for a while until the funds are available so this could be a deal breaker as I can't use the longer 3m balanced cable yet. Even if I did I will still want to use the 6.35m jack sometimes.

It's a close thing between the Sennheiser and the Focal at the moment and usability is a factor so the right cable is important. I can't find any longer cables and, as yet, haven't heard back from Focal themselves.

Before I throw out the Focal's based on cabling, do I need to get a custom cable made or am I missing something in my search/research online and you can get them from Focal?

Is this ok?

Is this ok?

I hadn't thought about something like this, I guess I was hoping there would be a Focal specific one at the price they charge. I was expecting one cable from amp to headphones, but if the cable is decent I don't see why this shouldn't be okay, just not what I expected. Thank you.

I hadn't thought about something like this, I guess I was hoping there would be a Focal specific one at the price they charge. I was expecting one cable from amp to headphones, but if the cable is decent I don't see why this shouldn't be okay, just not what I expected. Thank you.

Bought mine from a company called 'thomann' reccomended to me by a fellow Forum member on here.......These are great quality cables and even cheaper than those linked above....ie £18.50 for 3m length or £19.00 for a 5m length....here's the link.... Cordial CFM 3 VK

Bought mine from a company called 'thomann' reccomended to me by a fellow Forum member on here.......These are great quality cables and even cheaper than those linked above....ie £18.50 for 3m length or £19.00 for a 5m length....here's the link.... Cordial CFM 3 VK

I’ve just had my account approved at Thomann so I’ll take a look thanks.

I own Focal Celestee. I recently obtained a 3 Metre long Cable from Focal via my local dealership (£149).

Last edited:
@camcroft has a guy on ebay who makes custom cables. He can make any cable at any length. Bought one myself for my Hifiman. Took about a week allin.

@camcroft has a guy on ebay who makes custom cables. He can make any cable at any length. Bought one myself for my Hifiman. Took about a week allin.
Is that East Pro Audio?
He's just done a balanced 5m lead for my Focal clears. Very good, well made, quick delivery & very reasonable.
I've just ordered a custom made lead for my Dali cans.

Is that East Pro Audio?
He's just done a balanced 5m lead for my Focal clears. Very good, well made, quick delivery & very reasonable.
I've just ordered a custom made lead for my Dali cans.
Yes that is him.He does all of my cables regardless of what they are. Although many people here and on other forums insist that cables don't make any difference.

I only changed mine because the stock cable was a twisted mess of cheap wire. The Van Damme he used is top notch.

@camcroft DM’d me about their contact actually. If I stick with the headphones I’ll be getting in contact. Thanks.

Yes that is him.He does all of my cables regardless of what they are. Although many people here and on other forums insist that cables don't make any difference.
That can be a can of worms.
I really am pleased with this guy.
As @Hixs says the Van Damme cable he uses is good quality, well made, but not expensive.
I'm thinking of getting my cables on my Meze 99 classics changed as well as they cause microphonics when I move.

That can be a can of worms.
I really am pleased with this guy.
As @Hixs says the Van Damme cable he uses is good quality, well made, but not expensive.
I'm thinking of getting my cables on my Meze 99 classics changed as well as they cause microphonics when I move.
:smashin:

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom