Is there a knack to eject DVDs from the add-on?

jdslater1

Novice Member
I'm finding it really hard to eject discs from the 360 add-on.
Does the DVD have to have stop spinning? I got the remote but the eject button only works on the 360 itself? That itself is abit weird as the remote does everything else when playing a HD-DVD but eject it.
The tray finally ejects but only after loads of button pressing.

MI55ION

Distinguished Member
I've been having a similar problem. If the sympton anything like I've described here (post #535)then it's probably defective and needs replacing. It's very annoying...

gr8mate

Novice Member
mines the same and my mates works everything on the hd drive but when eject is pressed it opens the 360 drive and not the hd drive.I have to get up and press it manually.

Sasso Palmieri

The eject button on the remote is programmed to open the 360 drive. It's a massive oversight by MS but not a fault. You have to manually open the HD drawer, or else do it from the dash using the remote (Highlight HD-DVD eject and press enter).

If you're pressing the button on the drive and it's not responding or taking ages to, sound like a defect. Mine opens but won't close. Arse.

Randell

Novice Member
It's a pain isn't it, but you highlight the lower semi-circle of the play/open section in the dash, it should then say its the HD-DVD, and press A, that opens the HD Drive tray.

It's cumbersome, but it s what I expected when I realised the remote was exactly the same as the remote I have!

YooEntSinMe

Novice Member
I get the same delayed reaction when pressing the eject button on the HD drive. However once the tray ejects, once it retracts it ejects again with no delay. A bit weird but no major problem.

jdslater1

Novice Member
It's a pain isn't it, but you highlight the lower semi-circle of the play/open section in the dash, it should then say its the HD-DVD, and press A, that opens the HD Drive tray.

It's cumbersome, but it s what I expected when I realised the remote was exactly the same as the remote I have!
I'm aware of that but the same procedure can't be used to open the tray once a film is in there. It's a pity you cannot so to that part of the screen and perhaps press yellow or something to open the tray when a film is in there!

RBJTech

Novice Member
I have found that if I press and HOLD the eject button then it always ejects the disk. The light will flash when it's ready to eject (then you can release the button).

A quick press will not always eject the disk - perhaps it needs to 'close down' of something like that ?