1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there a IR window in the remote interface?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by alistair, Aug 24, 2005.

1. alistair

alistair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for other ways to control my 300+. reason being it's in a different room so it's a pain to go next door and turn it on. i use a ProntoPro with rf for everything else. I was hoping the the RI would take an eye but it doesn't look good. Other than that is it possible to daisy link the eyes to accommodate the disctance from control box to projector?
    thanks again.

2. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    I use the xantech stuff as i also have the PJ in another room.

I use the CB60 splitter(reciever/sender) module
    480 daisy link IR reciever
    1 mouse emitter + extension lead (which stickes over the IR reciever on the PJ and is tiny).

Works an absolute treat. Is more expensive than cheaper ways but is more reliable and easier to hide. you also use your own remotes as normal

Heres a link for various options, as it can be done cheaper with different equipment options as the CB60 module i use can control quite a few bits of equipment( i use it to control the amp, dvdplayer, cd player etc)

http://www.letsautomate.com/index.cfm?&Nav=xantech&

Hope this gives you some further options, but i found this was the best way to go

3. alistair

alistair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What it looks like is really not an issue as I am trying to do it this way for exactly the reason that it is all out of room and out of sight, even the pj is in another room.
    Thanks for the info it's given me something to read up on.
    Any cheap and cheerful solutions?

4. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Keene electronics for the cheap and cheerful. But you will have garish Keene branding on it and a massive IR reciever to stare at...