1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a fully working Sky+ Remote Code for the Pioneer 434HDE?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nujjy, Sep 28, 2004.

1. nujjy

nujjy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi, all.

I am struggling to get my Sky+ Remote to work with the Pioneer PDP-434HDE plasma television. I can control the volume and change channels on terrestrial. I can also fully work the Sky+ box. However, I cannot do anything else to the tv. I cannot change the input and as a result, the only way to access Sky is to switch on the TV and go up to to it and press INPUT on the side. Now, this is not laziness but I just don't want to go up to the Plasma each time I want to watch sky.

I even phoned up Sky! They had no solution. They said that when you press the "Sky" button, it should automatically change to sky. It does this VERY rarely. They gave me some more codes and pressing "TV and Select" or "TV and Help" does not work.

Please!!! I need to be able to change between Input 1,2,3,4 etc.!
    Can someone give me a working code or even tell whether this is possible?

Thanks,
    Nujjy.

2. Warpaint

Warpaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    There is a setting in the pioneer menu which allows a channel number to be the AV1 input. This might give you a basic fix. If you are already using channels 1 - 5 then go to say channel 6, enter the home menu, go to the tuning menu and set the 'decoder' option to 'INPUT 1'.
    (See page 33 of the instruction manual.)
    This will mean that when you select channel 6 the TV will switch to AV1.
    hope this helps.

3. mikeycrawford

mikeycrawford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It is possible, but doesn't deliver perfect results. You need to go to Programme Setup in the menu of the Plasma, select Manual Adjust then choose a spare Programme Entry (lets say 6). Tell this channel you have a Decoder on Input 1 (which should be where your sky is plugging in to the media receiver).

You then follow the standard sky instructions for programming the SKY button (press TV, hold Select and Green until it flashes twice, choose the number that SKY is on - 6 in the above step - press select.

Now whenever you press SKY button, it should take you to Channel 6 on the media receiver. The strange part is that the picture looks quite poor compared to Input 1, and sound is only in Mono. You might think that this is because it must be using the RF feed into the media box, but you will still get the same picture and sound, even if you have no RF lead going in.

Not perfect, but a workaround.

Mike