1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a DVD player with manual audio sync control?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Skyav, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Skyav

Skyav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

Does anybody know if there is such a thing as a DVD player that lets you manually offset the audio signal so that it matches with the picture? I've just started running DVDs through a projector, and I'm noticing the picture is lagging behind the sound a few frames.

It seems to happen on some disks more than others, and I don't think it's my current DVD player (a Fusion model from Richer Sounds) because the lipsync was fine when running through a TV. I'm really fussy about sound sync but I can't afford any additional gear like one of those amps that lets you offset the audio.

I can, however probably afford to upgrade my DVD player if there are any out there that have this facility.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Skyav :thumbsup:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    AFAIK all the Arcam DVD players have a lipsync feature but they are not cheap players. I don't think you will get this feature on any DVD player at (much if anything) under £1000.

Some disks are worse for lipsync than others, but the main problem is that the larger the display you are useing the more you will notice the lipsync issue.

Mark.

3. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    All Arcam DVD players except the original DV88 and DV27 have this feature (you may have to update the player SW on older DV88 Plus players).

The DV78 retails for £699 and some end of line DV88Pluses/89s are available for rather less than this.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

4. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    Skyav,

With the prices of Arcam's even 2nd hand, you might as well buy a Yamaha 650 or 750 and still have £200-£300 left, and then you can adjust lip sync not only on dvds but also sky (also reported a lot of problems) if you would get one in the future.

Wasabi