Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Is there a doctor in the house (ipod)

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ade1967, Apr 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ade1967

ade1967

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am reasonably intelligent, IT literate but my ipod is killing me! Can't live with it, can't live without it.
    I have a G3 20GB player. It was returned and replaced twice in its first year. I now have a further problem, my machine cannot recognize the equipment. I have an icon on the ipod that shows the connector cable with an animated arrow.

I have tried the apple/ipod help desk etc. Two weeks later I get the response, 'we are waiting for your authorisation'. In a frustrated tone I have asked 'for what?' It transpires that ipods over one year old have a £168 incl vat 'handling fee' for repairs.

This is outrageous! Please be warned.

Hence, 'DOES ANYONE KNOW AN ipod DOCTOR'
    I live West London, anything locally or otherwise would be appreciated. I am happy to pay up to £90 for such a repair but the apple suggestion is just highway robbery.

One thought;
    If you have an ipod and its more than 9months old. Sell it quickly on ebay. It will malfunction! Its just a case of when, not 'if'.
    Every friend or colleague has has some issues.......

I look forward to any responses or suggestions.
    I have tried;
    Reset
    Updating the itunes software - no longer possible as I cannot link the ipod to my PC
    Holding down the ipod buttons for a manual reset......

Pls Help!!!!!

My direct e-mail address is

[email address removed by mod. Answers should be given in this thread]

Thanks in advance

2. alancolledge

alancolledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Have you tried updating the firmware using Ipod updater? If anything can pick up the ipod that would.