1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there a dedicated dig coax for cd on 3802 please

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mick23, Aug 3, 2002.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    have my dvd player connected to 3802 by dig coax cable in digital assignment in main setup for cd player you can choose off optical or coax connection, i wish to link my cd player to 3802 by digital coax cable(cd has no optical out only coax) looking at 3802 manual there seems to be only (1) digital coax input the rest are optical so how can i connect cd player by coax to see if anolouge or digi connection increases or decresses sound quality in 2 channel sterio

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Besides wanting to find out the benefits of analouge/digital connections, is your cd player better quality than your dvd player? As you know, dvd players are capable of playing cd's.

Disconnect the dvd and connect cd up via coaxial, if you find an improvement and are happy with the results, buy an optical lead for the dvd then asign dvd to optical. You will be hard pushed to tell the difference between optical and coaxial, though some members do have a preference.

Bob