Is there a decent Vestel atm?

moletteuk

Standard Member
Sorry for yet another recommendation thread, but the vestel models seem to change so fast it's hard to keep up with the slight differences between them.

Is there a decent Vestel machine out there at the moment? The alba seems to be the most easily available one, but doesn't have the low power thing. I see the Digihome 250Gb is still available at Tesco direct - is this better than the Alba apart from obviously having a bigger disk?

Is there a low power model around?

Should I forget Vestel and just get a graded humax 9150T?

I'm not after anything fancy, just reliable.

Thanks

creddish

Sorry for yet another recommendation thread, but the vestel models seem to change so fast it's hard to keep up with the slight differences between them.
Is there a decent Vestel machine out there at the moment? The alba seems to be the most easily available one, but doesn't have the low power thing. I see the Digihome 250Gb is still available at Tesco direct - is this better than the Alba apart from obviously having a bigger disk?

Is there a low power model around?

Should I forget Vestel and just get a graded humax 9150T?

I'm not after anything fancy, just reliable.

Thanks
The Alba is the most easily available. I don't believe there are any recent Low Power models. Vestel seem to have dropped those for some reason, though you can sometimes get them at Maplins and on ebay. There were Hitachi HDR163/253 and Sharp TU-R162H & TU-R252H models with HDMI ports available but now in short supply.

Be aware that if the Digihome 250Gb in Tesco is the Digihome DG250DTRA08 then it is completely different unit from the rest of the Vestels and has the Top Up TV software. Read the threads in the Top Up TV forum here before considering buying one!!

I have a a Humax 9200 and a Vestel Wharfedale LP250. They both have their pros and cons. The Humax is much slicker to use but the Vestel is simpler to use. The Vestel is performs Accurate Recording better than the Humax PVRs but the Humax does Series Link better. Overall reliability is about the same IMO.

Note the 9150 is a chopped down version of the 9300 without an RF Modulator, smaller HD, no HDMI port and no front panel display. Neither the 9150 or 9300 has a working USB port. The older 9200 does have all these facilities except the HDMI port.

Colin

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom