Is there a decent 1080p 42" tv under £500?

ex_directory

Established Member
Reaction score
surely with 4K around there must be amazing bargains on 1080p, but I can't seem to find them, my preference is to use hd from freesat.

Do you have a freesat tuner box already? If so the Samsung J6240 or Sony w80xc/w7xxc series tv's if you can still find one would be your best bet. The 2016 FHD TV's are to put it bluntly, poor.

Do you have a freesat tuner box already? If so the Samsung J6240 or Sony w80xc/w7xxc series tv's if you can still find one would be your best bet. The 2016 FHD TV's are to put it bluntly, poor.
Glad someones mentioned the Samsung J6240. I've been toying between this and the K5500. Not sure which ones the best tho. Both of them are available at Currys or Argos I believe???

Just looked at the UE50J6240, no reviews really although could not find any bad user comments.

Has the 50" got the VA panel? Blacks more important than viewing angle.

I went to see the 50" version of the Samsung J6240 today, I was told its a 50Hz screen and not 120Hz that I was led to believe it was, can anyone confirm as various sites are quoting different refresh rates

I went to see the 50" version of the Samsung J6240 today, I was told its a 50Hz screen and not 120Hz that I was led to believe it was, can anyone confirm as various sites are quoting different refresh rates

It is unlikely to be 50hz, could be 60hz.

Agree, it is difficult to find confirmation online.

Not sure how it relates to the J6200 but that is a 120hz panel, see here

Dodgexander has been quoted as saying this is more like the 6300 but I am not sure how the numbers relate to each other.

But more importantly, what did you think regardless of the refresh rate?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom