1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Yamaha RX-V1400 an upgrade from the DSP-A2?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by TeresaTT, Sep 15, 2004.

Tags:
  1. TeresaTT

TeresaTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    My Yamaha DSP-A2 is dropping out when playing digital inputs. I'm looking to buying a plasma in the near future and would like to move to an amp that has component up conversion and output.

How does the sound quality of the RX-V1400 compare to the DSP-A2? Will I be pleased or dissapointed? I am also interested in the audio delay feature to overcome any possible lip synch problems. Does the 1400 have the delay available for each input or only overall. If the delay is only overall, what's the point of it? Any lip synch issues surely must be dependent on the input.

Thanks

Teresa

2. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    hi Teresa

The audio delay is unfortunatley for the whole unit, not seperate inputs :thumbsdow

Dishdoc

3. TeresaTT

TeresaTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    That's a shame. I may get the Panasonic PW6 and I might connect my Telewst box via a rgb to vga converter and then into an auto aspect ratio switcher. I'm worried that all this signal processing might introduce a lip synch problem, but only on the audio input from my cable box (via TiVo). However this would not affect any of my other inputs. Therefore would one of the Denon amps be more suitable?

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sound quality wise it would probably be a side step, apart from improvements in the quality of the processing the amp's sound quality has stayed fairly close.

5. TeresaTT

TeresaTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks bobbypunk, I'll have to find somewhere to demo one and perhaps one of the Denons.

6. sharper

sharper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    have a look at Yamaha v2400 very nice and can be picked up at around £650:clap:

7. TeresaTT

TeresaTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've gone off the Yamaha's because there is no audio delay for individual inputs, only a global one. I'm now thinking about the Denon 2805 or 3805, but which one? I don't need the 3805's fancy remote as I'll be using my Pronto, but I like the flap on the front. Then there's always a Marantz or a Harman Kardon.