Is the Yamaha RX-V1065 a bit of a bargain?

PapAV

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd finally decided on a Denon AVR-1910 and then I was swaying towards the 2310, but I've just read the whathifi review of the Yamaha and they suggest it compares well with the 2310.

As it can be bought online for around 500 quid, it is jumping out to me as excellent value in comparison with the Denons.

Thoughts?

The amp will be driving 5 Gallo Micro Ti's and a BK XL200. (Source will be PS3, Sky HD and FLACs streamed with a Squeezebox. I'll also be getting a Samsung 8500 when they finally arrive)

At £500 it's got to be worth a listen!

Edit - A quick look online reveals it's obviously £500 more or less everywhere, so I would say this is a direct response from Yamaha to the lack of enthusiasm for the lower end *65 models, I would say this is to try and gain some ground back from Denon who have stolen the limelight this year, with positive reviews and high sales. I can't remember whether the 1065 (and forthcoming 2065) have been as favourably received elsewhere but you have to remember it's nearly WHF awards time......

Last edited:
Maybe the price will go up to the normal price after that review --- the £550 price point seemed to be there for a little while and then go back up to the normal price from various dealers --- I always wondered wheather that was because the weren't selling so well becuse of the great Denon reviews this year --- time to act quickly if you want one at that price point? I wonder!

Ahhhh, the clock's ticking!

It's considerably better than the 1910 and about 60 quid extra.
It's comparable with the 2310 and over 200 quid less.

It's a no brainer right?

I'm gonna hit the buy button in the morning unless they is a special reason not to go for it.

Who's a reputable dealer at the 509 price point?

Sound and Vision? Sight and Sound? Digital Direct?

Who's a reputable dealer at the 509 price point?

Sound and Vision? Sight and Sound? Digital Direct?

Yamaha RXV1065

Richer Sounds also sell the amp for £520 so you should be able to get RS to honour their price promise and get them to reduce their price to below £509?

Yamaha RXV1065

Richer Sounds also sell the amp for £520 so you should be able to get RS to honour their price promise and get them to reduce their price to below £509?

Check that Richer Sounds offer the 2 year Yamaha warranty --- it's a bit of a grey area as they advertise their products with one year warranty. There was a post by their rep on the forums that said they would honour the manufacturers warranty, but why not advertise that up-front?

Bought from Peter Tyson for 509 inc. next day delivery.

Bargainaroonie :clap:

Now I just need that Samsung B8500 to come out and I'm all done for a few years. :lease:

I also thought that the 1065 was a bargain at £508.99 so ordered one from Exceptional-AV and it is due to arrive today...

I also thought that the 1065 was a bargain at £508.99 so ordered one from Exceptional-AV and it is due to arrive today...

Hope you enjoy :)

Hooray for Friday - Finally I'll get a chance to watch a movie.

I watch the Watchmen.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom