Is the Yamaha 2400 overkill? Look inside :)

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Unlight, Aug 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hey there,

Im currently on my quest to find home cinema heaven, but with good stereo sound.

I've got a Cambridge Audio Azur 640 amp that I want to use for powering the fronts of my surround speakers, and am currently looking for a AV amp to suit my needs!

The toss up is between the Yamaha AX750 and the Yamaha 2400RDS. £400 against £650.

My question is - would pairing the Azur front channels with the 2400RDS centre/rears be silly? (2400 at £650 seems an EXCELLENT price, would also welcome the 3 component ins compared to the 2 on the 750) Would it sound really strange and off balance to do this? Im worried about upsetting the balance of a very good amp, but I really do want excellent quality stereo sound as well!

Any help would be appreciated!

2. kumamoto

kumamoto
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    This would be an excellent setup becuase it ensures that you get good stereo and Excellent Cinema (DD/DTS) sound from the yamaha. Yahama is a great home cinema amp,but unfortunately not as good in stereo, this way you get the best of both world, assuming your stereo amp is great too!!