1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Yam RXV450 a good choice?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by top_caty, Aug 31, 2004.

1. top_caty

top_caty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am about to buy the Yamaha RXV450, there is no where near me that stocks it so I am going to buy it online (I have not listerned to it working though :nono: ). However, before I purchase it I want to gather a bit of feedback from you guys whether the RXV-450 is the right choice. :lease:

I have a set of Mission M3s 5.1 speakers but want a 6.1 amp as I 'may' add an extra rear later. The Specs for the RXV450 sound really good but I'm an AV newbie so don't want to make a mistake.

Any advice is very much welcome and recommendations for another AV receiver (if you think the RXV450 worse) would be welcome. I can get the Yam for £250 so not looking to spend more than this.

Thanks,

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
  3. top_caty

top_caty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. Who would you rate he Pioneer over the Yamaha? I've been trying to find some good reviews of both but have been unable to find much information.

Thanks

4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Both are reasonably new amps so there may not be any reviews of them. I would probably recommend the Pioneer as it has more power than the Yamaha, and a better set of connections at the back. They both have all the sound options that you would need. The pioneer is based on the 812 that was a well regarded amp.

5. top_caty

top_caty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed that the Pioneer has a lot more inputs and outputs compared to the Yamaha. What are the advanges of having so many S-video inputs and outputs?

6. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    it just gives you more flexability with connections from your other equiptment.

7. top_caty

top_caty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I take it then I will be able to pass through all my other devices through the received and control them via the receiver, reducing the number of remote controls needed? is that correct?

I will be linking up,
    1x DVD player
    1x Digi-box
    1x Video player
    and maybe 1x DVD recorder

It's not that many devices so I was wondering if the Yam could cope with this number or if I would require the extra connectivity of the Pioneer?