Is the wii using net usage while off

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by solid, Jan 11, 2008.

1. solid

solid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Right question on behalf of someone here when the wii is on standby is it using internet usage .Reason person asked me is due to fact that u get the message light ccome on when something has been sent to the wii so is it constantly connected even if its on standby

2. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +666
    Hi Solid.
    I can't seem to find the other thread where this was asked to redirect you, so i'll just post the piccie up again:

[​IMG]

The above describes how WC24 works in detail (or rather, how it's supposed to work - the small print on the bottom explains it).
    Your friends Wii is basically set to "situation 3" (from the diagram) so that with both WC24 and Standby Connect being on, the Wifi circuitry is always powered up.....even when on "standby".
    To show this, in standby the LED is now orange, not red.
    This is why they are still getting messages from the 'net.....so yes, they're always connected.

To turn this off, you need to turn "standby connect" off in the Wii menu.
    Whereas this should only turn Standby Connect off, for some reason it actually turns all the WiFi off completely (acts as though WC24 is also switched to off).....but in this case you will then have the WiFi off when the Wii is on standby (if you wanted to disable it).

:)

3. solid

solid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    what a perfect answer u have helped me /and my mate out no end thanks added