IS THE Viewpia LC-32IEE4 ANY GOOD?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by the arbiter 65, Apr 20, 2007.

Tags:
  1. the arbiter 65

the arbiter 65

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am looking for a decent 32" HDTV for under £400. I saw the Viewpia LC-32IEE4 for £380. The specs look pretty good for the price level.

I will be using it for my Sky Digital (NOT SKY HD) and my Xbox 360. Will this TV be suitable for that.

Or should I consider something else. If anyone owns, or has any info about this set I would be very grateful.

2. rondha

rondha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
  3. the arbiter 65

the arbiter 65

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am wondering if this story is just one incident. I have seen other TV's at this price, but I really like the looks of this one...Some of the other cheaper TV's look ugly

4. the arbiter 65

the arbiter 65

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On Amazon the reviews of this set are good, but they are not detailed really. I would just like a little more info before investing. I really need a set with speakers at the bottom and not at the sides to fit the space I have.

5. clemenzina

clemenzina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Me too! Surely if you order it from Amazon you can return it if you don't like it? It's on free 'supersaver' delivery, so you won't lose anything cos they collect if it has to go back.

I realise this post is a bit late, but maybe it'll spur Arbiter into letting us know how he got on - I really do like the look of this Viewpia and shall be getting an LCD within the next couple of months.

How's the Standard Def picture, Arbiter? :hiya:

clemenzina :)

6. the arbiter 65

the arbiter 65

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still haven't bought it yet!! I didn't realise you could return for free also. If and when I take the plunge, I will let everyone know how I get on!

7. the arbiter 65

the arbiter 65

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't buy the TV in the end. I bought a Samsung one for £520. Apart from this forum I can't find anything about Viewpia, so that did worry me. The lack of freeview is a bit annoying and I think that is what finally put me off.

Plus my Samsung has 8000:1 contrast ratio. If anyone is interested I will let everyone know what I think of the Samsung when I have played around with it!

8. Buell

Buell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello, just joined and read this article with interest as i have this lcd 32inch. The money spenyt was good for the value! but the sound quality is a little off putting. With some speech it sounds distorted and when running through my surround sound no issue. picture is good.

The only thing i can say is to play with the settings, sound when selected to 'user' and followed through to the frequency settings you can change the frequency bars to rid the distortion. The reduction on the 1st bar of frequency will do the job.

The settings for colour and contrast can be set also, again changing the bar graph to suit your taste. Try when setting up via scart connector sky go to the set up on your sky box and where you change setting for letter box and 4.3 viewing change the contrast value and a better picture can be acheived, or it can appear too dark on some films etc....

DVD, well as i have set my sony 5.1 to s-video the play back is very good quality, the flim 'cars' has very deep and depth colours and pixel quality very good, one point i had what looked like pixel loss (bright pixel no colour), I simply switched off the lcd and then waited 30 secs and turned back on. Pixel loss had gone and full pixel colour back.

Sky remote: no remote number yet to sync remote to tv, however, sony remote config to work volume and other controls.

lap top computor through the connector works fine and so does the picture in picture (PIP or POP) on the remote, neat little picture and sound of sky when doing the boring reports on the lap top.
    Summary;

Spend a little time setting up and then setting up again! bargin is the name
    of the game, have not yet set up the HMDI with any games, but I have seen and heard on this forum that its blindingly good. Money for value, well I move with the times and these LCD tvs do move with technology very quick. Any way any one war gaming online will not be disappointed by the large graphics day of defeat source (DODS) plays very well. A 32inch monitor at the price of a 19 or 22 ich lcd monitor. Used for 3 months and not had an issue that resulted in any picture loss or any other function come to that.

I hope this is helpful.
    Buell

9. clemenzina

clemenzina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Thanks, Buell - I've had this TV on my Amazon Wish List, waiting for some domestic works to be completed before I order it (I even got me an interest free credit card to put it on ;) )... but it's no longer available *sob".

I've Googled it but can't find it anywhere - other Viewpia sets, yes, but not this super (IMHO) design. If anyone finds it, please let us know.

clemenzina :lease:

10. dt_matthews

dt_matthews
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey Buell, do you mind if i ask you about your Viewpia?... When I connect my PC (to VGA or HDMI input) on the Viewpia the signal is fine, but if i toggle to Sky (AV1), then back to the PC signal it wont display! Does yours do this and do you have any workround????? Other than this i have been really impressed with the tv for the (relatively) small outlay...

11. Buell

Buell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, yes and no, when pc connected via computer socket on rear of tv and sky connected, press picture in picture (pip) and then use the sky remote on the smaller picture. Should you change back to AV1 then you will loose the 'pip' to your pc connection. At the moment I cannot think of anyother way.........sry :(

12. Buell

Buell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi Clemenzina, try www.amazon.co.uk, kelkoo search engine for this product, good hunting :)

13. dt_matthews

dt_matthews
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry for being thick but i dont quite follow you -- are you saying you cannot ever switch from PC, to Sky then back to PC signal?? If so, dont you consider that to be a serious fault or am i too picky!?!?!?!?!