Is the Toshiba 46zf355db The best TV

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by guyver644, Jun 7, 2008.

1. guyver644

guyver644
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im in the market for a new LCD tv it must be LCD as my brother has a Samsung plasma and the screen burn is just terrible. Im looking for the best picture quality and thats it, price isnt an issue as long as it isnt over 4 grand and I would only pay that if its streets ahead of the competition. the short list I have drawn up is the Toshiba 46zf355db, the Sony kdl 46x3500, the Philips 47PFL9703d/10 and the Samsung Le46M87db. The Sharp LC46XL2E would also be considered but previous Sharps ive seen havent impressed (good budget TV's but thats all). L.G's are out I just dont think the colours look right JVC's are crap and they just shut a factory in Scotland where I live so stuff them. Pioneer, panasonic and Hitachi dont make LCD's bigger than 42 and if so there not available in the UK so there out. If anyone is in a possition to compare the above TV's or at least give an opinion on any of them I would be glad to hear from you's. Most of these TV's are not available in Curry's Comet ect so its hard to check them out for yourself by going down to the local shop and most independant retailers are in the city which I have no time to go and visit. It would probably be ordered from the Internet so good trustworthy web sites would also be appreciated.

2. guyver644

guyver644
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If anyone has any other suggestions fire away let me know

3. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    You are going to spend up to £4k on a TV but cannot make the time to check them out properly and buy on the advice of a forum :eek:

I have seen this Glasgow firm cited on here a few times :)

http://www.robertwhyteltd.co.uk/

4. mikehol

mikehol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well I too am looking at the 46ZF355DB as my first Large LCD TV investment and I have to say that the last comment on this forum was not helpfull at all although I think that maybe the question that should have been asked is "does anyone have any bad comments to make about this model" in my mind it is the front runner although I have not seen it in real life as they still seem to be rare. any useful comments would be appreciated. :confused:

5. guyver644

guyver644
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive no doubt about the picture quality, colour, brightness and contrast etc. Its how it handles motion that concerns me. My current Toshiba which is getting on a bit now (A 37WLT66) is still a good TV but not Full HD and as good as it is I just want something more. As for spending 4k on a TV and not check it out first that would be daft but im not going hunting through shops that may or may not have what im looking for I will make a decision then go see it. If it lives up to my expectations then I will buy it.:thumbsup:

6. mr_kingsley

mr_kingsley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have the WLT66....and also very very close to getting the 46ZF...
    seems to be best deal at Empire direct too