Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Is the Toshiba 32WL48P Sky HD compatible?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Wayne Moule, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
  2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    Yes it is. Any tv that has an HDCP compatible HDMI socket is compatible with Sky. Are there any HDMI sockets that aren't HDCP compatible? AS for the Toshiba tv it's reviewed in this months (April 2005 - issue 114) Home Cinema Choice. Gets 4/5. Though it criticises the tv for noise especially via HDMI. What Hifi also made the same criticisms. In HCC it says:

' With all sources, even high definition, the picture can look pixelated and alive.'

Perhaps you'd need to see the screen for yourself to decide whether it's a problem or not. It's certainly a nice price for a 32" lcd wirth HDMI and 1366/768.

3. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    Thanks for the reply.

It is certainly a good price.

Are there any other Sky HD compatible ones of this size and price range that have a better pic then?

I know it's a long while yet before Sky HD launches, but I'm just seeing what's out there, or being launched.

4. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    Which TV's came out top in the different screen size tests?

5. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    I'm not sure if you'll find a better 32" flatscreen tv with HDMI, native 720p (min 1280/720), all for £1,300. However, I'm not really too sure what else there is out there. I suppose the real question is whether you buy now and accept the flaws of lcd tvs, (banding, smearing, noise), in order to have a hi-def tv now; or whether you wait til there are some hi-def sources to neccesitate a hi-def tv in the first place. Especially as the number and range of HDMI tvs is likely to explode this year. I'd be very tempted to wait if I already had a perfectly good crt set. Also, look at the way prices are falling. I paid £1,275 for a 26" Tosh LCD without HDMI last Aug. By xmas the 48 had been released with HDMI and the 32" version could be bought with the same money. Perhaps in 6 months time a 37" set will cost £1,275?

6. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    I'm definately going to wait and see what the 37in HD prices come down to.

I'll keep an eye on Slimline CRT HD as well.