1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Toshiba 26WL46B HDTV compatible or not?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by shirtee, Jan 6, 2005.

1. shirtee

shirtee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone. Firstly I just want to say a massive thanks to all who take time to write and reply to threads. This site has been a massive help in getting me to the stage where I'm almost ready to purchase!
    After reading a thread - http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176067 I've decided (almost) to go for the Tosh but am curious as to whether I'll be upgrading in only a year due to Sky??
    A guy in my plasma department at work suggested that it would work due to one of the connections it's got but I'm unsure.
    Any help here would be sooo greatly received :D
    Thanks for you help in advance

2. Forest Fan

Forest Fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi,

I don't recall the 26WL46B having DVI (HDCP) or HDMI, so I don't believe it classifies as HDTV compatible.

Regards

3. shirtee

shirtee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just spoke to the guys in plasma again and they reckon cos it's got component in it should be good for hdtv

4. Forest Fan

Forest Fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Sky announced that it's HDTV broadcasts will only be viewable over digital HDCP compliant interfaces i.e HDMI or DVI-HDCP. You will not be able to watch HDTV Sky broadcasts over component connections.

5. shirtee

shirtee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn, that's not good news. I was genuinely excited at the prospect of this tv.
    Thanks for your help though. Much appreciated :smashin: