Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Is the Sony KDLV32A12U worth £600 more than the Samsung LE32R41BDX?

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by AlanDL, Sep 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. AlanDL

AlanDL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having thought of buying the JVC LT-32DS6 and the Panasonic TX32LXD500, it seems that I now have a choice of the Sony or the Samsung. All are excellent TVs, and me and the wife prefer the aesthetics of the Sony, but is it really worth more than the Samsung. If there was only a £100 or even £200 in it, we would definitely go with the Sony, but £600 is a big difference, and slices into the aesthetics argument (and I know many like the Samsung). So what do you think! Crazy to go with the Sony, or sane?

2. skially

skially
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could not agree more - Philips too big, so had decision between Sony V32 and Samsung, and can't see the differential in the picture - so Samsung it is!

3. sean5302

sean5302
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    All Sony LCD panels are now made by Samsung in the new S-LCD Corp plant in Korea.

I'd me amazed if there were any spec difference between the 2 panels you quote.

4. AlanDL

AlanDL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Even though the panels seem to be the same, forum members have discussed the processing of the WEGA engine etc, but does this really matter. And is the response time the same for the Sony and the Samsung, ie is the panel the determinant of the response time or is it the software?

5. phorenzik

phorenzik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I had the same decision to make, but with the 40 inch model. After testing the Sony with progressive scan sources through component I decided on the Samsung. I prefer the aesthetics of the Sony, but the Sammy was a million times better in terms of picture quality. The Sony looked absolutely horrible, nasty pixellation and the picture was full of grain and noise. None of these flaws were on the Samsung. I was convinced the Sony must have been faulty, but the sales rep assured me it wasn't. Needless to say, the picture was one of the worst I have ever seen on any LCD, even cheap and nasty non-branded ones, (I'm sure this will upset the Sony fan-boys, but I'm only giving my honest opinion).

6. mjw123

mjw123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Exactly - The days of Sony been the leader in the TV market are long gone.....don't get ripped off buy the best not the most expensive !!

7. dllord

dllord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30

Whats wrong with the JVC LT-32DS6?, they're suppost to be great arn't they?

My choice is between the Sammy and the JVC so i'd likke to know your opinions of the JVC V's Sammy!

8. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    The panels themselves may be made in the same factory and may be the same but it's the electronics behind them that make the difference. I'm not saying one brand is better then other just that it's not as simple as that. You have to look at the processing technologies used as well.

9. hotmaj

hotmaj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    seen samsungs 26 and 32 versions playing dvd connected via scart picture looked flat and not impressive at all compared to a paany lxd500 which i owned briefly, the panny looked fantastic