Is the Sony KD49XH8505BU good value?

Matchqwe

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a new TV around 50" and have had a look at the guides on this site. Viewing angles aren't that important for me, so I'm looking at VA panels. I'm thinking of getting the Sony KD49XH8505BU but was wondering if it's good value? Is paying £150 more for the KD49XH9505BU worth it? Alternatively how much do I lose by dropping £200 to the Hisense 50U7QFTUK?

I'm mainly interested in streaming on Netflix etc. and also next gen gaming (although not that bothered about HDMI 2.1 features). I have external speakers so not bothered about that.

Thanks in advance.

Those are all good value TVs, probably the Hisense U7Q and especially the Sony XH9505 are best.

If you're interested in streaming and next gen gaming then getting a TV that's high tier like the Sony is a much better idea than buying cheaper. Cheaper TVs have difficulty displaying HDR material. If you want also HDMI 2.1 at this size you need to go for the LG CX/C1 OLED or wait for next years models to come down in price.

The 8505 is a good TV, I’ve been impressed with it even though it’s supposed to be a poor performer in areas such as HDR.

That said, the small price jump between that and the 9505 makes the latter much better value when you consider the additional tech you get.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom