1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Sharp 26GA3E worth £750?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Random Hajile, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi my local co-op store is clearing these out at £750 and was wanting to know if they work fine with 720p and 1080i at 50/60HZ via component and dvi as i recall these were the best models, cause they had the DVI in where they got rid of it for the ga5e. Also what is the response rate like on these and are they worth £750?

Or should i wait for the GD7E model or is this the same panel just with hdmi?

Thanks

2. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Ok so i`ve been searching the sharp GA series threads here for a fair while and by the look of it it does 720p fine at 50/60hz via dvi and component, but has some compatability probs with some 1080i devices? Could someone enlighten me on what 1080i sources doesn`t work?

I take it this set will be fine for xbox 360 via 720P, but will it via 1080i? Has anyone tried out there xbox in hi def using this set yet?

3. Paulomeandi

Paulomeandi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  4. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Thanks but no thanks :) Wanted it for PC usage and perhaps SKY HD usage so hdmi/dvi is a must.

5. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,011
  6. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Tell them you'll send ParcelForce in for £30 or less and pick it up from them.
    That price is an absolute joke.
    Someone somewhere is having a giraffe!!

7. Gumbiegold

Gumbiegold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went to the Co-op to get me one of the Sharp 26GA3E t.v's. Got to the shop and was shown a t.v. that was on display. All good I thought. I pay the money and am told to go to the delivery door. The guy comes with a box. Sharp 26GA5E. Now from that second on I knew there was no Sharp 26GA3E.
    He comes back and confirms this. Back in to the store. Sharp 26GA3E on display. On ticket next to the t.v. it says Sharp 26" 3/5E. I asked what this ment. once the three's are gone you just give people the fives? wrong t.v. order? After allot of talking and blank looks I just got my money back. This look like a bit of a scam to me. "Is a Sharp 26GA3E worth £750? I thought so. Is a Sharp 26GA5E worth £750? NO!!!!