Is the Samsung UE32ES550 a different model from the UE32ES5500?

peterfoster

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've been after a Samsung UE32ES5500 for a while and there is a fine example on the M&S website but the model is described as "UE32ES550"

I suspect that M&S have just missed the "0" off the end of the model number. I've compared the specification with a UE32ES5500 on another site and they seem to be the same. There is no one at M&S to answer the question.

Is there a model UE32ES550 AND a separate model UE32ES5500? Thanks.

looking at the MS website they seem to knock off all the final digit on the advertised TVs.

The samsung website does NOT list a UE32ES550 at all in the support ONLY an ES5500.

If you're that concerned, contact samsung and you'll get your answer quicker than M&S.

I got mine from richersounds for similar money.

UE32ES5500 owner

I agree about M&S vs Richer Sounds. I tried to buy this TV from M&S. When they telephoned to arrange delivery, turned out they couldn't supply it for nearly two weeks. RS delivered next day, same price.

I agree about M&S vs Richer Sounds. I tried to buy this TV from M&S. When they telephoned to arrange delivery, turned out they couldn't supply it for nearly two weeks. RS delivered next day, same price.

I agree that there is such a risk with M&S purchases as their confirmation email states-

"Please note, acceptance of your order takes place when we are preparing to send it."

The Richer Sounds deal at £359.95 is £10 more than the M&S deal and whereas the M&S price includes a 5 year warranty you have to pay an additional £35.95 if you want a 5 year warranty from Richer Sounds. Also, I note that at Richer Sounds the deal is for instore customers only - i.e. it is unavailable online. Both have free delivery. Richer Sounds flags 4 to 7 working days and M&S states that delivery will be by Wednesday September 5. Also, M&S will install the TV for free whereas Richer Sounds do not appear to offer this service for nothing. Having said all this, of course, if M&S haven't got the stock it's all irrelevant!

UE32ES5500 is now out of stock at M&S.

Last edited:
I agree that there is such a risk with M&S purchases as their confirmation email states-

"Please note, acceptance of your order takes place when we are preparing to send it."

Exactly. They weren't prepared to send it for nearly two weeks.

The Richer Sounds deal at £359.95 is £10 more than the M&S deal and whereas the M&S price includes a 5 year warranty you have to pay an additional £35.95 if you want a 5 year warranty from Richer Sounds. Also, I note that at Richer Sounds the deal is for instore customers only - i.e. it is unavailable online. Both have free delivery. Richer Sounds flags 4 to 7 working days and M&S states that delivery will be by Wednesday September 5. Also, M&S will install the TV for free whereas Richer Sounds do not appear to offer this service for nothing. Having said all this, of course, if M&S haven't got the stock it's all irrelevant!

The price is lower now that the Olympics is over, but at the time I bought the TV, in July, the price at M&S and at John Lewis was £399 including 5-yr guarantee. Richer Sounds was charging £399, with the guarantee extra as you say. I telephoned the nearest RS store and asked if they would price-match with John Lewis, by including the 5-yr guarantee in the £399, and they agreed. So I got the TV for the same price as M&S were charging, and got it the next day.

But yes, if you want the installation service, M&S include it for free while RS and John Lewis both charge extra.

I bought mine in Richersounds, just walked in, paid and walked out with it, by 5pm it was on the wall.

what wait?:devil:

How much did you pay?
What is the length of your warranty?
Did you receive any cash back?
I assume you are sufficiently adept with the kit not to require someone to install it for you.
Online purchasers get the benefit of the distance selling regulations.

How much did you pay?
What is the length of your warranty?
Did you receive any cash back?
I assume you are sufficiently adept with the kit not to require someone to install it for you.
Online purchasers get the benefit of the distance selling regulations.

How much? it was £400 back in May (i've had 4 months of use)

Warranty, is just the standard year. I don't believe in extended warranties,.... waste of money.
Never purchased one in 40 years, nothing to date has gone wrong within 5 years of owning it, and if it did...I would just buy a new one!! saved myself hundreds of pounds by not having them. if it it comes with the deal it's a bonus, if not, then I want it at the cheapest price (at the time I'm looking)
Yes its a gamble, but one i'm always prepared to take.

No cash back but it was the latest TV (at the time) and its been used. I've been getting my monies worth.
yes you can always wait until the price comes down, but £50 in 4 months? you can wait another 4 months but i won't have had the use of it and who knows if I'll be alive tomorrow? Live for today i say!

Installation? no problem its called DIY, got a hammer drill, rawplugs, bolt screws, spirit level.....hang it, turn it on , watch it!....job done.
On the other hand....had it not gone on the wall, I would have screwed the stand on and turned it on!
what installation are you concerned about?. Once you turn it on it self tunes!, nothing else to do other than sit back and enjoy..........

Last edited:
M&S have just now been on the telephone and we have fixed a delivery date of September 13 which is fine by me. It's taken me ages to decide which model to buy to replace my old CRT so another couple of weeks is neither here nor there. The TV will have cost me £338 net of cash back, I'll have a free 5 year warranty, the set will be delivered and installed for free and I'll have the comfort of the distance selling regulations should I decide to send it back within seven days. Having said all that, the unit may be £299.99 in two months time....

Got yourself a good deal. well done.
At the end of the day regardless of what we pay for it, you've bought yourself a very good TV. I'm sure you'll be pleased as the rest of us who own a ES5500.

Thanks. I just hope I can cope with the technology....

It puts me in mind of a Private Eye quotation from many years ago-

"New Technology Confuses ****** Old Hack...."

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom