Is the Samsung LE40M61BX a good tv mostly for gaming? (360, PS2, GC, PS3, dv

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Proto Omega, Mar 19, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Proto Omega

Proto Omega
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I will be using it for 360, PS3 (when its out), GC, PS2 and watching dvd movies on my player. Is this a good tv to get? Not really interested in Sky or Freeview. So its basically 85% gaming and 15% watching movies on it I'll be using it for.

I heard issues of tearing has this been fixed yet? And did it only happen to some people/first models at 60hz NTSC or all of them? I know theres a firmware update but havent they implemented it within the current models?

Most of the stuff I will be using will be in NTSC and/or 60hz. Does it plays fine in these modes? Almost all my PS2 games are NTSC and my xbox 360 is set to 60hz as well. The movies I watch on my dvd player are most of the time NTSC too.

The PS3 will be able to output at 1080p but most current LCD TV's dont support and the ones that do are really expensive but again, I'm not really bothered too much because I doubt many games will use it as it will be a big performance drop in terms of framerates for the game. I'll probably order this TV tomorrow and have it in time for Oblivion on Xbox 360 :)

Thanks guys.

2. Melkor

Melkor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well i'm using the LE26M51B version, with my Xbox 360 and PC linked up and all I can say that its beautifull.