Is the Ruipro 8k cable the only choice if you want full HDMI 2.1 at 15m?

Hi guys is this the 3C version? MFN: snukaoc21v101a_15.

If not I am going to be very annoyed as customer support told me this is what I would receive but it's really hard to tell from looking at the box.

The SKU number for the Ruipro 8k cable is: SNAOC21V101A_"x", where "x" is the cable length. Ruipro does not have different SKU numbers for their 8k, 8k Gen-3, or 8k Gen-3B/C. The Gen 3 cables will have a green tag on the cable body and box that indicates Gen-3, Gen-3/B, or Gen-3/C.

The SKU number for the Ruipro 8k cable is: SNAOC21V101A_"x", where "x" is the cable length. Ruipro does not have different SKU numbers for their 8k, 8k Gen-3, or 8k Gen-3B/C. The Gen 3 cables will have a green tag on the cable body and box that indicates Gen-3, Gen-3/B, or Gen-3/C.
Ahhhh there is indeed a green tag on the box that says 3C was upside down and I misread it, thanks!

Well guys, I hooked it up to my 65" CX and it works perfectly with no faffing around. I just went into Windows and dialled in the settings and now I have 4k120, 10-bit HDR. Very happy, thanks Ruipro. :)

Well guys, thanks for the replies. In the end I contacted Ruipro and straight-up asked for a discount on the 15m Ruipro 8k cable and they very kindly sent me a 20% discount code... so in the end I got one including shipping for 180 EUR (ÂŁ154). They could easily just have told me no, but I guess they are making a good profit margin on these and have some flexibility to make some customers happy.

The feedback from buyers for both the cable performance and the customer service of Ruipro are pretty much all excellent which gives me a lot of comfort. I shall report back when I receive it and get it up and running. :)
Where was that from? I asked and they’re only giving postage off (so about £20).

Where was that from? I asked and they’re only giving postage off (so about £20).
I just contacted Ruipro_DE directly as I bought from Amazon Germany (Im based in Europe). I guess they were feeling generous. :)

I just contacted Ruipro_DE directly as I bought from Amazon Germany (Im based in Europe). I guess they were feeling generous. :)
That's what I like about Ruipro. They do seem care about their customers and will go above and beyond at times to help them out and keep them happy.

Just had a good experience with Ruipro.

I bought a Ruipro 8K 15m cable in 2019, the green one with black text on the connectors. All this while, I was running 4k/24Hz RGB/4:4:4, 12bit (~13+Gbps) and it was ok. Part number SNAOC21V101A_15.

I recently upgraded my projector to a JVC NZ8 and GPU to a 3060Ti and tried running 4k/60Hz RGB/4:4:4, 12bit (24+Gbps) and it just couldn't do it.

So I emailed Ruipro support, explained the problem and sent them pictures of my original box with the barcode etc. Not sure if they'll respond....

To my surprise, that same day, I got a reply from Thomas and he said to send my address and phone number and they'll have a replacement cable shipped to me within a week!

In 4 days, I received a new 15m cable, same part number but this one was labelled "Gen3/C" with the green and red text on the connectors. Plugged it and it does 4K/120Hz RGB/4:4:4 12bit! So happy now!

Excellent customer support from Ruipro!

The Gen 3/C cable is one of their latest iterations. The made some design changes and component changes to be more compatible with a wider variety of devices. Ruipro does have one of the most responsive Customer Support departments' around.

Just had a good experience with Ruipro.

I bought a Ruipro 8K 15m cable in 2019, the green one with black text on the connectors. All this while, I was running 4k/24Hz RGB/4:4:4, 12bit (~13+Gbps) and it was ok. Part number SNAOC21V101A_15.

I recently upgraded my projector to a JVC NZ8 and GPU to a 3060Ti and tried running 4k/60Hz RGB/4:4:4, 12bit (24+Gbps) and it just couldn't do it.

So I emailed Ruipro support, explained the problem and sent them pictures of my original box with the barcode etc. Not sure if they'll respond....

To my surprise, that same day, I got a reply from Thomas and he said to send my address and phone number and they'll have a replacement cable shipped to me within a week!

In 4 days, I received a new 15m cable, same part number but this one was labelled "Gen3/C" with the green and red text on the connectors. Plugged it and it does 4K/120Hz RGB/4:4:4 12bit! So happy now!

Excellent customer support from Ruipro!
It is a known problem with older version of Ruipro, to fix it they released Gen3/C.

It is a known problem with older version of Ruipro, to fix it they released Gen3/C.
Ruipro had issues with reliable components from one of their vendors and unfortunately a lot of those cables were released. Once they changed suppliers, and did some internal changes, Gen3/C was released, and they have improved even more on the current iteration of 3/C. What bothered me is that Ruipro uses the same product code within the same product line so it was confusing for the customer as to which cable they had based on the product code alone (Gen3, 3/A, 3/C) and the only way you could tell was to purchase the cable and look at the marking on the box or the little green tag on the cable. I've pointed that out to them, along with some other nit-picks so they are aware of that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom