Is the PS3 like the Wii when playing games.

Jed

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am a bit of a oldie but do have a Nintendo Wii.
Me and the wife like to play bowling and tennis and was wondering if the PS3 has games like that.
As it's quite good to get your heart rate up. :)
If there are no bowling games i might have to leave it as thats what she like's.

Jedster.

No, not in the slightest
The ps3 has very basic motion sensing ability, and won't be able to (or releasing) a wii sports style game.

It'll be more used for movement in driving, and simple "shake controller to shake off zombie" type stuff.

Stick with the Wii for those types of games. Although, if you like good actioners like Gears of War, GTA etc... then look to a 360/ps3

No, not in the slightest
The ps3 has very basic motion sensing ability, and won't be able to (or releasing) a wii sports style game.

It'll be more used for movement in driving, and simple "shake controller to shake off zombie" type stuff.

Stick with the Wii for those types of games. Although, if you like good actioners like Gears of War, GTA etc... then look to a 360/ps3

i'm not sure you're entirely qualified to make that statement. we've seen very few games make use of the technology, one major game release (resistance) where you shake the controller (which is an awesome touch imho) - super rub a dub however seems to me to have very similar control abilities as kororinpa on the wii. i'm pretty sure that also when i shake the sixaxis a little bit, the duck jumps much lower than when i fling the thing about,so i see from the evidence so far that there's absolutely no reason why sony couldn't release some kind of bowling / tennis / sports package like that of the wii's - the only difference being it'd feel a little weirder holding a sixaxis than a wii remote

The technology is very different, and far more limited with the PS3
Doesn't mean I want to play the Wii more, as I don't (otherwise i wouldn't have sold it!) but tilt/motion sensors are only part of the wiimote specs.

Ive downloaded the Baseball game off the US store, and when you are batting, you have to swing the controller as if you are batting yourself (wii-esque style)

Im sure in the future there will be more of these sort of games, and there definately will be when the eyetoy comes out for the ps3.

There was loads of energetic games on the ps2 version of eyetoy, so im sure the ps3 version will follow suit.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom