Is the Program Planner better on HD boxes

bilbo--baggins

Standard Member
Reaction score
It really annoys me with the Sky+ box how little of the program names appear when viewing the Planner. Does the HD box make use of the HD screen - ie fit much more text info about the program names etc.?

What would be even better is if you could search A-Z for programs up to 7 days ahead. Searching within 24 hours is utterly useless as far as I'm concerned.

No, it's the same. There is a new EPG due but you might die waiting! :rolleyes:

Shame.

I really wish Sky would open this up to third parties to develop boxes / software. As far as I'm concerned, companies like Pace and Thomson produce utter trash. Our original Panasonic Sky box gave a much better picture quality than our current Sky+ 160 box, and I'm sure that a decent brand could do better than Panasonic.

What about the loading speed of the planner ? I am still using a first generation digibox (until next week, then HD) when I ckick on for instance 'sports' (4) from the genres catergory it takes three minutes to display the offerings, I am sure it was once instant.

I was never sure if it is because there's more to load these days or if my digibox might be a bit nackered. :confused:

On-disk buffering of EPG info is also on the way, so it's rumoured...

What about the loading speed of the planner ? I am still using a first generation digibox (until next week, then HD) when I ckick on for instance 'sports' (4) from the genres catergory it takes three minutes to display the offerings, I am sure it was once instant.

I was never sure if it is because there's more to load these days or if my digibox might be a bit nackered. :confused:
If it take 3 minutes you have a problem, my HD box takes no more than a couple of seconds.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom