1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Panasonic TX24DX1 anygood then ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Paulos, May 23, 2002.

1. Paulos

Paulos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Being a poor student (living with his parents) but still wanting a widescreen TV isn't easy. until I stumbled across the Panasonic TX24DX1 for a mere £350. What a bargain I thought to myself not only is it widescreen (all be it 24") but it has all the features I wanted in a TV (S-Video, NTSC playback, etc.) and includes a stand ! It only having an audio output of 2 x 7W RMS didn't bother me in the slightest as I had planed to hock it up to my Sony MHC-RG60. (yes I know its a crappy Mini Hi-Fi system but I plan to upgrade in the near future.)

Then I thought again. There much be some catch, a decent brand widescreen for such a reasonable price. I've searched long and hard on the internet and in magazines for a review of this TV, to put my worries to rest but have been, so far unsuccessful in my pursuit.

so all I'm asking is for someone who owns this delightfully priced TV to tell me what they think of it, or for someone to point me in the direction of a review of it. I just want to know its a half decent tv and not a complete lemon.

thank you for your time (and sorry about the ramble)
    Paulos

2. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Being in much the same situation as you, i'm also seriously thinking about this TV. I found it online and went to have a look at it in Comet and Currys yesterday. It was slightly smaller than I had expected and I didn't have time to check out its functions or get a proper demo.
    It would appear there is not a single review of this TV on the internet though, so i'd really like to hear anyone's opinions.

One note, if you don't mind buying online you can get a 28" widescreen panasonic for £399.