Is the Panasonic TX-P50UT50B for me?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by hardhitter, Mar 9, 2013.

1. hardhitter

hardhitter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi,

I wonder if anyone here can advise on whether or not the TX-P50UT50B is for me, it fits my budget of £700 nicely!!!

Some info about the proposed usage. I will be mainly using this telly with Virgin for day to day viewing, I will be watching Blurays view my HTPC.

I want to break into watching 3d movies, with this being my first attempt at 3d I guess I wont be watching everything in 3d so I am not adding to much weight to this option, I wear glasses and I often come away with headaches from watching 3d movies for a couple of hours. I dont do gaming, nor do I intend to browse the web, well I dont think so as we all have laptops and pc's, maybe the mrs can have a bash but again not a killer option, she's shy's away from this stuff anyways.

2. kutsanagi

kutsanagi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +241
    Can't fault mine. I have Tivo, hHd dvd and an Oppo hooked up to an Onkyo receiver, I've always had Pana panels but for the price I personally don't think it can be beaten. There's a lot of people on forums saying it's too reflective, I have mine in the bay window and I can watch it on a bright day with blinds open. Also there's mention on buzzing......something I've not suffered from really. It makes a slight buzz on bright pictures but it's normally disguised by the sountrack.

My suggestion? Get it from John Lewis and check if Tesco are still doing it at 568 and price match. IF you don't like it you're covered by online protection and their customer service is excellent. Hope this helps.

3. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,074
    My sister and her hubby have the 42" version and are delighted with it. I have watched it a few times and must say that I would have no problem if it were mine other than the fact that, like you, I prefer the 50" version.

Cheers,

Martin.

4. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
  5. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,074
    My sister got the free glasses by redemption, albeit last year, so I reckon they'll still be available providing of course the offer is still on.

Cheers,

Martin.

6. GATGK

GATGK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought from John Lewis last month, price matched to tesco at the time. I am very happy with it while watching TV etc I dont notice reflections you have to look past the picture and concentrate on the reflections to see them. Glasses offer has been extended Offer | Panasonic Promotions